Email me!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Poe, Emerson, Research

Note: Due to a family emergency, I had to leave early and was not available for after school student conferences. I know a few were expecting to see me. Apologies.

10R

Vocab quiz. Students were reminded that quizzes could be retaken after school next week.

We continued with "Masque," focusing on the significance of the clock. Students were reminded that the purpose for reading is the location of phrases and sentences that are comprehensible, which are underlined.

11R

Vocab quiz. Students were reminded that quizzes could be retaken after school next week.

Continued with Emerson as with Poe. Students had to work the rest of the essay.

12R

Discussed the research project further. Directions from yesterday's post were read and explained.

Lines for Monday's readings from Bewoulf were assigned. I assigned myself a fair share, and hope to find the time to study them! At the end of the period, the student before me volunteered to take more lines.

Now where do mine start?!! :)

Class was given time to browse the anthology or work on their lines while I conferenced with students on the final draft of their essay.

Have a great weekend.