Email me!

Monday, September 11, 2006

Learning Letter

Today students were told that 15 minutes of reading each night is expected. This may be reading a magazine, newspaper, book and even a comic book. Reading improves through practice.

We started the first draft of a letter. First draft and final copy are to be finished for homework. First draft recommendations: Skip lines. (This makes it easier to edit.) Make corrections in a different color so corrections stand out.

Final copy may be typed. Font size no smaller than 12. Font style must be easy to read. I prefer Times New Roman.

Directions are as follows:

Dear Mr. Lambert,
• I discovered I am a/an ____type of learner.
(What is your learning modality? Which ‘intelligence’ best describes you? Tell me why you know this. )

• I usually study by…..
(2-3 sentences)

* I plan to improve my study habits by…
(2-3 sentences; Refer to “Environments for Better Learning.” Describe how you study. Explain how you can improve your study habits.)

* My goals for this school year are……
(academic, social, personal; Two or three sentences for each.)

4 paragraphs
Final copy

Note: Students should have a multi-subject notebook for class in addition to the hardcover composition book. The composition notebook is only for journal entries. The other will be used for class notes, vocabulary, spelling and first drafts.