Email me!

Friday, November 17, 2006

"How My Family Became Green"

OM: Free write for 4 minutes

After writing in journals, I had the students read their work over in a whisper, correcting mistakes as they find them. Afterwards, we were all impressed at how many students did find and correct mistakes doing this simple exercise.

I advised them that they should read work aloud and correct errors in this manner prior to handing it in. This way, their work will be more accurate and noticeably improved.

We postponed slideshow presentations until Monday as some groups still had work to do. I informed one and all that I would be available to supervice the computer lab after school for those who needed to finish.

We went over last nights homework, "How My Family Became Green". I modeled underlining main ideas, paragraph titling and highlighting proofs in the text. (We'll probably finish the Monday after Thanksgiving break.)

The next six weeks will fly by. It is critical for everyone to stay focused during the holiday season... especially since state assessments, unfortunately, follow soon thereafter.

Monday we'll present slideshows. Tuesday students will be viewing the movie Far and Away, as part of the ELA, Social Studies curriculum. (They're also taking a math that day, I hear.)

Have a geat weekend!