Email me!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Assessment Practice: Reading/Writing II

Late post!

Om: What is the most important part of Rifka so far? Why?

I checked response journals. Many were outstanding but some were very disappointing. Each response should be 8 to 12 lines, although I will consider the average as long as most are within acceptable lengths, and edited for punctuation and grammar. Many students had responses 2 or 3 lines. Not acceptable.

I told everyone that I will improve the grade awarded if they are rewritten.

We went over the passage read yesterday, discussed paragraph titles and identified important details referring to the main character. Classes went well with high participation and focus.

HW:

~Spelling/vocab quiz tomorrow!
~Rifka, another 10 pages. (Should be somewhere from page 70 to page 80.
~Response journals.
~Questions