Email me!

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Poetry IV

We started with another Frost poem:

A Time to Talk

When a friend calls to me from the road
And slows his horse to a meaning walk,
I don't stand still and look around
On all the hills I haven't hoed,
And shout from where I am, 'What is it?'
No, not as there is a time to talk.
I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,
Blade-end up and five feet tall,
And plod: I go up to the stone wall
For a friendly visit.


After a brief discussion, we continued with yesterday's activity. Finished work was handed in, those not done can finish for homework after break.

The next spelling/vocab list is as follows:

1. requirement – (n) necessity

2. alphabetical – (adj) arranged in the order of the letters of a language

3. extremely – (adv) to a high degree or extent

4. surprisingly – (adv) in an amazing, sudden, or unexpected manner

5. disappointment – (n) feeling of dissatisfaction when expectations are not met

6. improvement – (n) advancement or growth

7. agreeable – (adj) to one’s liking; pleasing

8. regardless – (adv) in spite of everything

9. emotional – (adj) excitable; easily moved

10. unexpected– (adj) coming without warning; unforeseen

Please note that the 4th marking period will have begun when we get back!