Email me!

Monday, February 23, 2009

A Little Grammar, A Few Symbols and an Intro to Jack London

10R
  • Sentence combining activity.
  • I was sick last night. I stayed home from school
    today.
  • I was sick last night so I stayed home from school
    today.
  • Because I was sick last night, I stayed home from school
    today.
  • I stayed home from school today because I was sick last
    night.
  • We talked about starting sentences with 'because,' which students are often told they can't do.
  • Vocabulary:
    Clause: an expression including a subject and verb but not making a complete sentence
    Ex: Because I was sick last night, I missed school today.
  • Went over benchmarks briefly. Some students took theirs home to do over.
  • Worked on some symbolism for LOTF
  • Tomorrow the remaining logs for chapters 9 throguh 12 will be checked. Final discussion on the end of the book and a little more symbolism work.
  • Book exam for Wednesday and Thursday.

11R

  • Same sentence activitiy as above.
  • Period 7 began intro to the short story "To Build a Fire" by Jack London. This story will follow the same sequence of activities the "Owl Creek Bridge" did.