Email me!

Monday, September 10, 2007

Learning Modalities Part II

PD 1: Some students were exchanged with students from Mrs. Poulin's class. Practice assessment was continued.

PD 3 & 7:

Opening Move: Four minutes of writing on one more 'moment'. Today, however, students tried to double the amount they wrote from yesterday.

We went over the results from the survey, discussed learning behavior and strategies associated with each of the modalities.

Homework:

Read over pages 26 and 27 in the handout. Write a first draft letter according to these directions:

Dear Mr. Lambert,
• I discovered I am a/an ____type of learner.
(What is your learning modality? Which ‘intelligence’ best describes you? Tell me why you know this. )

• I usually study by…..
(2-3 sentences)

* I plan to improve my study habits by…
(2-3 sentences; Refer to “Environments for Better Learning.” Describe how you study. Explain how you can improve your study habits.)

* My goals for this school year are……
(academic, social, personal; Two or three sentences for each.)

4 paragraphs
Final copy


Pd 6:

Reading Test Success pretest was continued.

Pd 8:

OM: tornado picture (describe the moment)

Students then counted number of lines written, and marked a space twice that beneath. Students were challeneged to reach that mark in one more journal type entry.

Continue Huck Finn passage with focus on reading strategies.